Wednesday, April 15, 2015

TENTH DAY OF FASTING

I woke up nostalgic. Today is the "break day" of the fast. I wouldn’t want to go back to eating normal solid food. Not just yet. I feel so energetic; neither the food nor other stimulants seem tempting at all. I feel as if I was in my paradise now and soon I will eat the forbidden apple and shall be exiled from here. Below quite a nice description of the fasting experience, made by Buchinger Wilhelmi:


I told my nurse that finishing the fast feels nostalgic. I would so much like to continue fasting. I couldn’t even dream in the beginning that not eating would feel so great. Next time I will fast those three weeks. Now I know I can do it.

The nurse told that this shorter fast that ends today is to detox and to prevent illnesses. For ill and very fat people they recommend the three-week fast, but of course others can do it as well.
I will get the traditional apple tea with honey today. Mashed apples for lunch, a tea and an apple in the afternoon. For dinner there will be s a special veggie soup in the restaurant downstairs. After a sporty morning I found a cup of mashed apples waiting in my room. I was almost afraid of grabbing the spoon. I wasn’t hungry at all.  



I took a comfortable position in the sun bed on my balcony, watched the views and savored the mashed organic apples with long and heartfelt spoonfuls. Oh gosh, how delicious it was. Such a pure and fresh taste. An exquisite experience. Quite quickly after this experience the food and flavors started to interest me again. I even thought of pizza. I haven’t thought of junk food during the whole fast, but now pizza slipped into my mind.



I ate an apple in the afternoon. Never in my lifetime have I relished eating an apple as much as now. It was very weird going back to eating normal solid food. I had tons of energy and enjoyed every sport session during the day.
In the evening I put on my better clothes, a little bit of mascara and walked to the restaurant downstairs. My table company had already arrived at the table. When I sat down, the waiter solemnly brought me a candle. This candle ceremony congratulates the clients who have completed the fast honorably. The soup was slightly thicker than a usual fasting soup. It tasted soft and creamy, although I doubt it actually contained cream.    

Here is a photo of my abdomen before I decided to go on my fasting journey, and the latter picture is taken this morning when I was going to sunbathe by the pool. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

Nevertheless, I must admit that in the black and white picture I just had eaten a huge meal, my jeans were too tight and I might have even bulged my belly on purpose. There is real fat though. The difference between these two pictures is quite big. It was a good decision to choose two weeks fast instead of two weeks party trip with the girls.  



I am very happy that I got the idea to invest in myself by coming here, although I doubted the whole program of the clinic. Here I have got a healthy boost and joy for the sport back in my life. It shall be interesting to see how it goes from here. Tomorrow I will get my first real meal at the clinic. How will it taste? Heavenly, I could imagine.