Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SECOND DAY OF FASTING

I woke up in the morning already at 6:30. For once I could sleep, but I wasn’t sleepy. I read a book. It was still dark outside. I still had a little ache on my temple. A little before eight o’ clock I paid a visit to the nurse. They took my blood pressure and weighed me. My initial weight had dropped over a kilo although I had eaten proper food the day before. I didn’t have the energy to fight against my headache anymore. The nurse handed me a caffeine tablet that took away the pain surprisingly fast.  

After the weighing I rapidly changed my training clothes on and ran into the bus that was waiting in the clinic yard. It was still a bit chilly and quite dark as well. The bus got ready to transport the fasting early birds for a morning walk on Marbella beach. The bus was almost full. Nobody seems to sleep until late in this clinic.

picture: from the web

The beach looked really beautiful. A bit after nine a glowing sun started to rise from the horizon. I hadn’t bothered to bring the camera with me but here’s a picture of the dawn taken by someone on the Golden Mile beach. I hadn’t eaten any breakfast, yet I didn’t feel hungry.

For the jog on the way back I got about fifty year old German lawyer. He was on the Buchinger fast for the fifth time. When I asked him about his motivation to come to fast time and time again I received an interesting answer. He said he loved wines and drinks a bottle of red wine per day. In Buchinger he believes he can reduce the toxins in his liver, lose five kilos, relax and prove himself every time he fasts that he can manage two weeks without alcohol. So the alcohol use is under control this way...  

After the morning run I got a jar of salt water that works as a laxative, with a glass of blackcurrant juice to flush the salty taste out of my mouth. Let the fast begin.



I flushed the jar of salty water down the throat. A rather terrible potion. The berry juice tasted like heaven after the salty water. I was lying on my bed and read a book for about an hour. I was told that the intestine would start functioning quickly and that it would be better to stay in the room the whole day.

After the salty water I had a lemon with the morning tea. I also received a drop of liquid honey. No activating in the intestine was to be noticed.



Yesterday was a bit cloudy but now at last the sun was shining. I took a risk: put my white bikini on and headed to the pool to sunbathe and read a book. The lawyer joined me. At about 1 pm my stomach started feeling unsettled, and I was feeling quite uncomfortable lying there. I politely told my sunbathing buddy that I had to retire to rest in my room.

Honestly I had to run to the toilet where I made it just on time. Should I ever again drink that salt solution I will stay near the toilet all day.  

They brought me lunch into the room. I had some watery, green soup. It tasted quite delicious in spite of being so thin; or maybe I was just awfully hungry. I could have scoffed many bowls of that broth, but I only got one.

The soup came directly out from the other end; yes, the laxatives were truly working. I stayed in my room the rest of the day. I had to concentrate on thinking that this was good for me. The laxatives cleanse my body from all the old metabolic waste.



At 8 o’ clock in the evening I was brought parsley soup and tasteless tea. At 9 I thought of going to sleep while I still had some soup in my stomach. I was afraid that I might get hungry at night. I couldn’t catch sleep. I rolled around in my bed for many hours fantasizing about delicacies and normal healthy food. I dreamt of a small slice of rye bread. Only at 2 am I fell asleep, hungry.

They say that the first three days of the fast are the worst. I have to keep strong.