Friday, April 10, 2015

FIFTH DAY OF FASING


I didn’t wake up until 8:15 am. I missed the morning run group that goes to the beach because I overslept. Went to the nurse. My blood pressure was as low as usual. I had lost half a kilo since the last weighing.

The nurse told that if I get really hungry they will give me some light food. I suddenly felt persistent and said that I would do the fast just as Dr. Otto Buchinger has planned it.

My morning tea was already waiting for me in my room. There was also some natural yoghurt on the tray. I thought that they had put it for me because I am weak and cannot follow the fast. I flushed the yoghurt down the toilet, but immediately after that it occurred to me: what if it actually was a part of a normal fast? Well, I didn’t feel like eating that yoghurt anyway. I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday, but the hunger is gone and I feel much better than yesterday. The evenings are the hardest. The rest of the time goes by without even thinking about food.



I will receive a lovely visit today: Finnish Katariina, who got me interested in this clinic in the first place.  She is a nurse in Buchinger Wilhelmi clinic. She is on maternity leave now, but will return to the clinic when the little princess is big enough for day care. Many clients are missing Katariina already.

My German lawyer friend told me about a charming Finnish nurse who had taken care of him during his last fast. He was very happy to hear that Katariina had not abandoned the clinic but is coming back. The lawyer visits the clinic every year.  

I feel amazingly great. I’m bursting with energy. Now I just have to grab the clinic activity list and choose pleasant activities for this afternoon. My morning program changed for oversleeping! It is wonderful though to be able to sleep well again. I went for a good walk on my own in the mountain scenery.



I joined the others to go shopping in Marbella. A bus took us there from the clinic. Even if I passed by numerous lovely restaurants and cafes, I didn’t desire their food. Crazy! Perhaps I am little by little getting into that euphoric feeling that everyone here seem to hype. I felt so light and fantastic I had to celebrate it buying a pair of new shoes.    





With these high heels it will be fabulous to walk in Finland when I return there lighter, rested and entirely cleansed.

On the way back to the clinic a rather chubby German lady sat next to me on the bus. She whispered in my ear that she had secretly eaten some parmesan cheese during the shopping excursion and was not planning on telling it to the nurses. She still had a big piece if it in her handbag. She intended to ’destroy’ it in her room later that night. Now that is desperate, may I say. Why cheat the fasting clinic staff and ruin your fast? Suddenly the small soy yoghurt I had eaten at night didn’t seem that sinful at all compared to this secret devouring of cheese.

After the massage and Tai Chi I quickly visited the library room. You can borrow books freely from there. Most of the books have been left in the library by clients.



There were not many Finnish books. I left there some I had already read. There will be something to read in Finnish for the next Finn that comes. I read a while in my room and went to sleep feeling good.