Thursday, April 9, 2015

FOURTH DAY OF FASTING

I woke up in the morning completely forceless and I felt dizzy when getting out of bed.  I was deeply disappointed. I had fought against my hunger all night with the thought that the fast would start working in three days and that the hunger would disappear. It was third actual fasting day now and I was hungry and feeble. I began to doubt the efficiency of the whole fast and its health effects.
I took a sip of sparkling water, put the slippers and dressing gown on and sauntered towards the nurse’s room. Routine check: the weight and the blood pressure. The latter had dropped, but my weight had gone up. Only 200 grams though, but still, up?! I am suffering without food but I had gained weight. Being only some grams it is not drastic, but on the level of thought, extremely depressing. I was complaining my bad feeling to the nurse. The nurse listened to my whining patiently and cheered me up until I felt a bit better.

I got my morning tea in my room. The honey I put in the tea gave me some energy. Today would be my first colon hydrotherapy. Great.




 I waited horrified the nurses arrival with the tube in my room. Fortuitously the nurse did the job professionally. The experience wasn’t so distressing, although it wasn’t especially pleasant either. I had to retain the water inside of me for two minutes, after which I could run to the toilet.    

The colon hydrotherapy made me feel slightly better. I went to Zumba and yoga. Today I was too tired to go for a run on the beach.

By lunch I was really hungry. We discussed among the fasters about different waters at the clinic. Thanks to the fast my sense of taste has notably sharpened. There are big differences between waters. I like a sparkling water called Mondariz the most.



I did a round at the gym and sunbathed. I felt kind of apathetic and depressed the whole day. It seemed that everyone else at the clinic was energetic and enjoyed the fast. I found it very hard to believe the people who claimed that ending the fast would be difficult for me. By the end of the fast you supposedly feel so great that returning to normal food feels painful. That you don’t want to give up the fast. Yep.



After a lean soup dinner there was a choir performing in the great hall.  It sounded nice. I couldn’t be bothered to socialize. I went for a quick sauna session and after that, at 10 pm I went up to my room to read a book and to wait whether I could catch sleep before I got too hungry. I couldn’t. The hunger was terrible. At 2 am I called the nurse and said that I couldn’t handle any more of this insomnia and hunger.  



 I got a small bowl of natural soy yoghurt in my room. Oh, how happy I was! Christmas had arrived in my room. I slowly savored the yoghurt. After the moment of pleasure I felt somewhat guilty and weak; that I was giving up too easily. This gloominess lasted for a moment until I felt so tired I fell asleep, with the stomach full enough.