Sunday, April 12, 2015

SEVENTH DAY OF FASTING

Now I must reveal that last night I asked some soy yoghurt with honey in my room even if it wasn’t a "tough moment". I ordered the yoghurt without being hungry. I just wanted to "relish" a little and read a book. At this moment you really understand just how difficult it is to resist cravings. After my moment of feast I fell asleep and slept terrifically.

I slept eleven hours in a row. I probably would’ve slept even longer if I hadn’t forgotten to close the curtains last night. The sun started to shine on my face and woke me up. I believe that the yoghurt and the honey only did me good (that is what I want to believe). My blood pressure had risen closer to a normal level and the nurse said I looked very healthy today – well, that is how I did feel.

I didn’t make it to the morning run with the group. I think I might go to the mountains instead. But I want to make it to the gym class at ten. This, a bit more challenging class is instructed by a more or less 60-year old iron lady, whose body doesn’t have any extra fat and whose every muscle is perfectly trained.  



Today’s program includes jogging, gym, pilates, full body massage, art workshop, sauna and relaxation. I received a personal invitation today in my room. It is for a cocktail party tomorrow, where the owners of the clinic invite all the new fasters, probably just to drink non alcoholic mojitos and to chat. It shall be exciting to meet them.



After the lunch I went for a fantastic massage. Every muscle slipped of pain when the skillful masseuse fixed me. I have trained, it is true, and perhaps the stretching has been ignored a little... The package includes different treatments for about 200 euros / week. If you want to have extra treatments they will be charged separately. A beautiful massage every second day is enough for me. With this rhythm the treatments correspond to the gift voucher, so there won’t be any extra charges on the treatments.  



Many women of my age have come to the clinic after a tough divorce, to reorganize their thoughts. The clinic disposes of therapists for everything you can imagine from psychiatrist till Tibetan bowl playing therapist.

I went to the Tibetan bowl therapy yesterday. There were eight of us in the group, all women. We closed our eyes; the therapist played his bowls and put one to vibrate on everyone’s belly. I was told I take other people’s problems into my heart too much. The bowl therapist might have been right.

The art workshop teacher was lovely. I told immediately that I can’t paint and that I am not even interested in painting, but I could try it, just to challenge myself. The teacher laughed and said that art is done with feeling. Do just as you feel right, the teacher advised. I saw how a student had painted a silk scarf. I told that painting a silk scarf interests me. I guess they call it dying a silk scarf.



I dyed the scarf with my daughter’s favorite colors and put big hearts on it. I miss the children, family and friends. Luckily there are peaceful internet rooms at the clinic where you can call your loved ones by Skype. I have ’skyped’ every evening with my children, told each one of them a bedtime story, the child with a laptop in bed; they have been able to see mum on screen and listen to an entertaining bedtime story on real time.  

I already miss my husband, too. Although it has been a great thing to be able to take a break from the routine and concentrate on my own wellbeing, training and cleansing.  

I sent my husband a photo greeting from the clinic. As a note I wrote the following: "This mother figure is at good pace becoming an ok woman again, don’t you think?" ;)



A week has now passed fasting. I’ve lost nearly five kilos. I’ve done sports many hours every day, enjoyed my own time and the rest. A totally different person is looking back from the mirror now.
I now understand what people mean when they say that during the fast you feel so energetic and great that you don’t want to give it up. Fortunately there are still some days of fasting left before the re adapting to solid food -phase. Unbelievable that me, a terrible sybarite, am enjoying my fast and never want to stop it!