Thursday, April 16, 2015

RETURN TO THE TABLE

In the morning weighing it turned out I had lost a few hundred grams more. I do more exercise than I eat, so the weight continues to drop.

This morning I have run as usual, been to aerobics and sauna. I went to buy souvenirs in the shopping centre and packed my bags for tomorrow’s return flight. I feel nostalgic. This is such a wonderful place.    

Had a rather embarrassing incident on my first solid lunch. I arrived there a bit early. I was in a hurry for my massage; therefore I came to the dining room about 10 minutes early. I sat down on my table. Three other women, whose name tags were on the same table, hadn’t arrived yet.    

I saw a cup of soup in front of me. It was a rather small portion. I put the linen napkin on my lap and started to spoon my mini soup habitually. My lunch moment lasted very little although I tried to slow down and enjoy. The soup was vinegarish and quite strange. Still it tasted ok. I even took a picture of my first real meal, although it didn’t seem to differ greatly from the fasting soups. It had more taste - especially more vinegar - than a normal fasting soup.  



I thanked the waiter for the lunch as I was leaving. The waiter could hardly keep himself from laughing, but somehow managed to recover the poker face and said: "You just ate your salad dressing”. The waiter was carrying a gorgeous plate of a really delicious looking salad.  

All blushed, I returned to my seat. I got a new cup of salad dressing and savored my salad with it. The main course was delicious vegetarian food and a lovely sauce.

My table company got a good laugh when they found out that I would have been satisfied with my salad dressing lunch. Here you don’t expect anything. The small scoop of dressing would have been enough for me as a meal.

Today I have been able to enjoy the handsomeness of a man. My final weighing and measures were taken by a very handsome young doctor. Normally a woman has massaged me, but my masseuse was not available, so this handsome younger man took care of my muscles this time.



I got fruit for snack and the dinner was a three-course culinary experience. They have very talented cooks here. The rest of the staff has been very friendly as well, and it is apparent that they all enjoy working here.

Now to the sauna and for a swim. The sun is shining nicely. I’ll try to get the last sun tans before returning to the gloomy Finland.